Box & Wood Turtles for sale page 1
Shopping at TurtleSale.com is easy.
Place an order yourself online 24 hrs a day 7 days a week
On the left hand side of each page you will find a list of our shopping categories.
Simply click on the category of your choosing and you will be taken to that page.
From there you may view and purchase all of the items in that category.
If you need help placing an order,
Call Toll Free 1-800-517-1809
Experienced sales operators will be happy to assist you.
Monday / Friday 8am - 5pm eastern time
Also be sure to check out the home page for valuable information on
TurtleSale.com Saving Time Codes
Ornate Wood Turtle
Rhinoclemmys P. Manni
Turtles for Sale
Adoption / Export / Education
The Ornate Wood turtle is generally native to southern sections of Central America. They exhibit a brilliant display of yellow and red splotches, in conjunction with the alternating belts of color located on the underside of their shell that blanket their high domed carapace. Ornate Wood Turtles commonly display a greenish hue to their head that is illuminated by the red striping pattern that is present. This species commonly exhibits a bit of sexual dimorphism resulting in a larger size being associated to the females of the species. Nevertheless, their size at full maturity is considered to be approximately 6”.
|Item: #486 ||Price: $$$||Order|
|CENTRAL AMERICAN WOOD||$249.95 |
BABY CHINESE BOX TURTLE
- Also called, Yellow-Margined Box Turtles, the Chinese Box Turtle has a highly-arched carapace and is native to southern China and some of the outlying islands. These turtles can close up very tightly because of hinges between their pectoral and abdominal scutes which is why they’re called “box” turtles.
These are omnivorous creatures that should be fed as varied a diet as possible. They enjoy basking and spend most of their time on land. These are very smart turtles that will get to know you and your habits and pay you special attention when it’s feeding time. These are adorable, beautiful and fun turtles to raise and take care of.
|Item: #452 ||Price: $$$||Order|
|BABY BOX TURTLE||$279.95 |
Ornate Box Turtle
Terrapene Ornata Ornata
Turtles for Sale
Adoption / Export / Education
These turtles get their names from their elaborately decorated shells and fancy appearance. Each shell segment has its own special pattern of yellow lines on a dark brown background. These pretty designs can be seen on both the carapace and plastron! Ornate Box Turtles are omnivorous and enjoy everything from turtle pellets to beetles.
The thing that makes box turtles special is the way they can completely retract themselves into their shells as a defense mechanism. In the wild, the shell will be an annoyance to any predator and they’ll just give up on their prey. The males will usually have red or orange colored eyes, while the females will be a more, yellow color. These are very cool little turtles!
|Item: #028 ||Price: $$$||Order|
|ORNATE BOX TURTLE||$219.95 |
|Item: #244 ||Price: $$$||Order|
|2 ORNATE BOX TURTLES ||$419.95 |
Complete Ornate Box Turtle Set up
- Our Complete Ornate Box Turtle Set-Up comes with everything you’ll need to take care of up to two Ornate Box Turtles! We’ve been raising turtles for years, so we thought it’d be helpful to put a package together that will help you provide your turtles with the best care possible!
- Here’s what you get:
• Ten gallon, all-glass tank
• 75-Watt Basking Lamp
• Informative Box Turtle Book
• 51/2” Dome Light Fixture
• Liquid Crystal Thermometer
• Under-Tank Heater
• Reptisafe Water Conditioner
• Water/Food Bowl
• Box Turtle Complete-Care Sheet
• Dry, Box Turtle Food
• Can of Box Turtle Food
• Jurassi Cal
• Adoption Papers
|Item: #283 ||Price: $$$||Order|
|BOX TURTLE SET UP WITH NO TURTLES||$228.95 |
|Item: #284 ||Price: $$$||Order|
|BOX TURTLE SET UP WITH 1 ORNATE||$429.95 |
|Item: #285 ||Price: $$$||Order|
|BOX TURTLE SET UP WITH 2 ORNATES||$595.95 |
|Item: #286 ||Price: $$$||Order|
|Stand For 10 Gallon Box Turtle Setup ||$69.95 |
South American Wood Turtle
- The South American Wood Turtle is native to the rain forests of South America and is considered to be the smartest turtle in the world. They are very colorful turtles that love to spend their time basking. They’ll need a large, dry land area as well as some shallow water that is really only deep enough to cover their shell. These turtles are considered semi-aquatic and quite versatile. They should be kept in temperatures around 75-85 throughout the day, and no lower than 60 degrees at night.
- Mostly carnivorous, the South American Wood Turtle does enjoy eating vegetation. Because of their intelligence, personality and look, the South American Turtle is extremely popular and hard to come by. It’s said that when they’re hungry some of them are known to stomp the ground. In their wild habitats they stomp the ground to simulate thunder and draw earthworms to the surface when they’re hungry!
|Item: #739 ||Price: $$$||Order|
|South American Wood Turtle ||$249.95 |